View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 09:26 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Here are 3 new ones to kick off September:

1934 Brooklyn Dodgers banquet menu signed by 21 including 1903 no-hit pitcher Chic Fraser, HOF'ers Hack Wilson and Al Lopez. Fraser is an extremely tough name that is seldom seen. He's been on my early no-hit pitcher bucket list forever.

Ernie Shore signed RPPC. Shore combined with Boston Red Sox LHP Babe Ruth in 1917 to pitch one of the most unusual of games. Ruth was the starting pitcher in the game, but got into an argument with home plate umpire Brick Owens arguing balls and strikes with the first batter. Ruth walked the 1st batter Morgan and than proceeded to punch Owens and was immediately ejected from the game.

Ernie Shore came into the game in relief. The base runner Morgan tried to steal 2nd, but was thrown out immediately. Shore and the BoSox proceeded to shut down the next 26 batters without allowing a hit, walk or error.

Although this game is not presently viewed as an official perfect game, it was until 1991 when MLB changed the rules surrounding no-hitters and perfect games.

Debs Garms signed 3.5" x 5.5" photo. Garms was hitter that ended up breaking up Johnny "Double No-Hit" Vander Meer's consecutive no-hit innings streak in 1938 in Boston.
Beautiful Scott!!
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123