View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 08:44 AM
Al Jurgela

Default Negro League Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Congrats Chris! Beautiful Ruth and quite the accomplishment to get to #50!

I’ve been slowly building up my pre-war stamps collection. I made a huge dent with the large lot of 1914 Piedmont Stamps! I paid exactly what I had budgeted for them, so I’m thrilled.

I wish my negro league consignments had done better. Some people got some great deals...or perhaps the market is really just that soft for negro league material. I doubt the same guys who were spending big on negro league items have now shifted to T206! Although it feels that way after seeing the closing prices.
Yes, Derek... the prices were a bit soft. I picked up a few items of yours and a few other but let some pieces go that were exceptional bargains as I just do not have unlimited funds! The ones that "hurt" are not placing an initial bid on the Detroit Stars photo and not making one more bid on the DiHigo Matanzas photo.

Did get the Irvin El Indio, Wreckers photo, Poinciana Cabinet, Torriente photo and the small Charleston photo (which I do not think was yours).

The Newark Eagles Team Photo with Irvin / Suttles / Day / Wells went for 3X what I recall it going for in the past (Hake's?). I thought that the Santurce Cangrejeros went cheap, I thought as did the Rube Foster program.
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards