View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 01:57 PM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Yes, folks like me and you will continue using the auction houses and PSA and SGC. But honestly I'm using them a lot less. And I'm buying few if any huge items. And when I see a card like a beautiful Cracker Jack PSA 7, for example, all I now think about is how was precisely it altered. And by whom. And I look at it ten more times wondering why a 100 year old card that was in a box of caramel coated candy is obviously whiter than the teeth in my mouth. I end up buying something on eBay for $125 and I don't lay in bed at night wondering if I was ripped off. And while I can imagine sending in something to get graded, most of the time I think about for a bit and the mood passes, and I just say fk it. Takes forever to get my order processed. So while, yes, most of continue to use these places, I'm guessing I am not the only one whose bidding habits have changed dramatically in the last 9 or so months.

I don't want to spend $20,000 on a card only to have someone expose it as doctored on the board a week later.
+1
Well said.
I am not grading any cards, and I am not buying near what I was 6-12 months ago.