Thread: What if.....
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 07:03 AM

Great thread Craig. I started a similar one a few years ago, and the ironic thing is I said something like - I always said if I didn't collect Baseball Memorabilia, then it would be The Beatles.

And that was the exact moment I decided to switch gears, and try and learn as much as I could about Beatlemania. I'll tell you what, Beatles collectors can be found worldwide. That pull that the Fab Four had on the world's teenagers, has only gotten stronger. Their passion is unmatched in anything I've ever seen, that is certain.

This was my first big score. An original 1964 Press Package that was only given out to members of the Press the day after the Beatles first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show. The Press conference was held at the Waldorf Astoria.

The 8 x 10 TYPE 1 photograph that was included in the Press Packet was none other than the Dezo Hoffman masterpiece that has since become the definitive image of the Fab Four.

And... I've never looked back, as I sold almost all of my Baseball memorabilia and a good portion of my Photographs, all with no regrets.

Beatles1964PressPackage5.jpgBeatles1964PressPackage2.jpg

Beatles1964PressPackage3.jpgBeatles1964PressPackage4.jpg

Beatles1964PressPackage1.jpg