View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 02:13 AM
Administrator

Default T205 card value estimator

Posted By: Bobby

Herb,

I like what you have said in the pro's & cons of each site and agree with you on some of it. But there is a few major points you have failed to point out. I will start by addressing your cons:

point #3: we split up the T206 set and a few other sets because the type of back on the card plays a major part in the price of the card. We can't have a Cobb with a common back that sells practically every other day in the same set as one with a UZIT back that sell for 10x's more and maybe once a year. It would throw off the "My collection" values and would get kicked from the system in a short period of time because we hold 25 of the latest auction results for every grade.

Point #4: We are in the process of adding a search function by ACC# to simplify the process. And we currently have 3 search functions, last name, set name and type card.

Point #5: The member count is not correct because we added that much later after the site launched and it really does not work properly. We are in the process of adjusting the counter to the right number but have not really put high priority on it and rather take care of other issues before we fix it.

CP pro's & cons:

Though the numbers they throw out at you do seem impressive they are not the tell all.

20,993 sets WOW but only 51 have price information according to their live stats. We have 460 sets with 95% price information. Maybe because we track eBay daily and verify every auction that goes into our database for almost a year with 80,000 recorded auctions. They get their data from eBay as well but tell me how can they decipher the information? How do they know which cards are reprints or auctions listed incorrectly with out seeing them when the auction was live. We post the results with links to the actual auction for you to verify. How are they getting there prices it is a mystery to me.

We are supplying true and verifiable data for the membership and will continue to do so in the future. I have been asked many time why we don't add prices from private sales? And my answer is if we or the members can't verify it we won't post it. It would be to easy for people to tell me they paid $5.000 for a card and in actuality paid $3,000 and we post it. Some person comes along and sees it and might buy it for the inflated price. It is an area we wont get into and never will. I expressed my opinion earlier in regards to raw cards. How they can have this in their data is beyond me with so many reprints and trimmed or doctored cards out there. Again how do the determine which is legit and which is not?

Lastly, I offered anybody on this board a free 2 week trial period just sign up as a limited member contact me which is on every page of the site and I will upgrade you to a VIP. If you like what we offer then you can start paying if not then you won't.