View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Default Uncut Piedmont Cigarette Sheets

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

I've never seen one either (and I would have been looking ).

"It's kind of tough to get a good picture of them, but if folks are interested I can try to do a little better. One thing of note on the sheets is that the registration is off for both, and so maybe they were yanked from being used as boxes for that reason. Then again, with all the registration marks all over the place, maybe they were from a morning test run when the press was being set up. Anyway, I think they're pretty cool."

I think you're right on the mark here and its probably your registration guess. I think the colors would have been a little more off (either darker to get rid of excess ink on the press rollers before a production run, or lighter as pressman sometimes towards the end of the day would only tap a light amount of ink on the rollers just to get an image for registration adjustments without filling up the ink fountain and getting that dirty..made for an easier end of the day clean up).

I always thought these kind of sheets were neat looking when I was a printer. I thought it would be neat to take a bunch home and paper an entire room with them. I guess they'd make good flooring too LOL.

I like the piece a lot!