View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Default My HOF Collection

Posted By: Paul

You don't have to listen to me whine anymore. I'm pleased to announce that I have finally picked up a Bid McPhee, just 11 years after his induction into the HOF, and have now completed my HOF collection. Or, more accurately, it is now as complete as it will ever be.

With the recent election of Pete Hill, my collection will never be truly complete. He has only a single known Cabanas card and a single known Punch card, and neither one is leaving its current residence any time soon. I also don't have the uncut Mallorquina sheet that includes the only known card of Willie Foster -- but I can try to discount that one because it's an uncut sheet not a card. And I also don't have the G&B Spalding -- but I'm still convinced he was elected as a pioneer player, not an owner. And I'd like to upgrade my T204 Burkett to a W600.

But with these exceptions (and I have excuses on 3 of the 4), I now have a card of every Hall of Famer (player, manager, umpire, executive, etc.) who has a card. And, as Janis Joplin might say: That's good enough for me, good enough for me and my Biddy McPhee.

Here he is.

Just for fun, here are a few more of the tough ones.