View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 01:49 AM
Bill Gregory

Default Ok, can somebody explain how to correctly calibrate my monitor...

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying a Spyder to calibrate my desktop computer's monitor, because when I look at the card scans I put up on the forum, the color seems a little off. I want accuracy here, and on my website when I start sharing my entire collection.

Before I do so, however, I'm wondering if there is something else I should be trying first, or instead. I'm assuming, too, that when I create a color profile with the Spyder (or whatever else I use), I can use that same color profile on my scanner.

I know we have some real photography gurus here, and calibration for them is a must. So any help would be greatly appreciated!

For the sake of this discussion, my desktop system runs Windows Vista 64 bit. I've been using the Adobe Gamma that comes with Photoshop CS2, but I know I can do better than that. System is a custom built gaming system that's about 5 years old.

Edit: video card is an EVGA 8800 GTS KO 512 MB w/ Nvidia Lumenex engine. Monitor is an Acer P223w 22".

Thanks!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 12-29-2013 at 01:56 AM.