View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 11:21 PM
J@son M1ller

I do one at a time but that's only because I find it easier to take a few extra seconds to do that than the extra seconds to crop. I think it would work fine either way and have done it both ways. I like the fact that when you scan individually, they are already separate files that you can do what you want with.

I've had no problem with glass scratching with the holders, etc. I think it's pretty durable stuff and not prone to scratching but I've only had mine for a year or so maybe others who have had theirs longer can comment on the scratching.

I put mine towards the bottom of the tray so that I can judge if it is vertical and not askew. If it's in the middle, kind of hard to tell quickly if you're at a canted angle. There is about 1/4 inch on the bottom of the glass that doesn't scan, so I just move it about 1/2 inch up from the bottom and go from there. Another trick I've used if I'm doing many of the same size or holder is to put a wax pencil mark on the glass outside of the corners of the graded card. Then I can easily swap each new card in and just place it inside of those wax corner marks. Then when done, just take a tissue and wipe off the glass and you're done. This avoids having to "Preview" the entire glass with each new card. You can just press Scan and Scan and Scan and it'll keep dropping files.

Last edited by Jaybird; 12-15-2011 at 11:23 PM.