View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 01:44 PM

Jon- thanks so much for the scan of the T207 Adams. All these years collecting them and I never even thought a row might have been printed horizontally instead of all vertically. Interesting!
As far as a T205 proof goes, years ago I had a card in my collection which was a blank backed T205 which I thought might have been a proof. It did not have any printer's marks on it though so I assumed maybe it was just printer's scrap. I wish I could post a scan but I sold it on ebay 10 years ago. That's the closest I've seen to a card which I thought might be a proof.
On the subject of "proofs"- I do have an M116 Sporting Life which may be a proof and I'll get around to posting a scan of it when I go through the safes. It is a Mitchell and is black and white and printed on thinner paper than the normal M116. Some collectors have spotted color M116s with no printing on the backs and have jumped to the conclusion they are proofs but they appear to be (usually) hand cut off advertising posters, etc. This is the first (and only) black and white M116 I have seen and is reminiscent of the black and white E97s.
tbob