View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:09 AM

Before I post any of my own pieces, just have to say this is one of my favorite threads -- some incredible items:

Jimmy, I've always thought your personalized Gehrig autograph is just about the coolest thing any collector can have -- and yours is stunning.

I would also use the word stunning to describe your two autographed balls David.

Rick, I would say that Cardinals ticket is the best looking ticket I've ever seen!

And Mark -- the Perez jersey is drop dead gorgeous, and the minute I saw your Crosley Field sign, I remembered it right away -- I drooled over it (or another very similar one) in a Leland's auction years ago. I also saw your Connie Mack statue in another thread. I too have that statue, and I also got mine on ebay years ago. One more great thing about it -- the Hall of Fame also has one on display in it's Philadelphia A's display right outside the Babe Ruth room.

Dynarl -- I'm curious about your ball stitcher -- every one I've ever seen doesn't have "vise arms" like that, but instead has arms that kind of contour to the shape of a baseball. Having grown up with parents who are antique collectors, it immediately struck me as a harness maker's bench. it's cool to learn something new at my age!

Greg