View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 03:58 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
Some say that the values for PSA cards with all those altered and 'conserved' cards mislabelled will stay the same.

But the obvious facts before our faces just dawned on me:

If you want market proof otherwise, all those cards revealed to be mislabelled on BO are being returned for refunds, which is proof that the card owners (and hobby) say they are worth less. I know of no one on any board or anywhere who claims those cards are worth the same and have don't gone down in market value.

Even PSA's official advice is that those cards should be returned for refund, because the cards are worth less than what collector paid. Joe O's PR line on one hand is "Just ignore it you whiners. The rest of you continue going on this wonderful ride with us." However, with the actual specific instances, PSA is saying "The values of these cards has gone down. "

Even on the PSA board, a common question is "If my cards are shown to be altered, what do I do to get my money back?"

So don't anyone give me this theory that all the mislabelled altered cards will remain the same in value and the hobby will 'absorb and forget' about it. Collectors, card owners, PWCC, the PSA board, all the chat boards and PSA itself have unanimously proclaimed in statement and pocketbook that these cards have already gone down in value, and that mislabelled altered and "conserved" cards are worth less than those in the same "grade" that aren't.

Agree !!! Not taking anything away from the BO Board Detectives they have done a amazing job exposing this....
The issue to me is the tens of thousands of altered cards still residing in PSA Holders with number grades which haven't been exposed by blowout.
Never buy a holder buy a card :-)