Thread: Vote!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Default Vote!!!

Posted By: J Levine

Jim,
I totally agree with you...I try not to lump all Christian based faiths together as that is an important defining part of many people's lives...that being said, they do define it anyway (at least the fundamentalist side in MY experience). How is it they can define what is and what is not a Christian denomination but define who can practice a simple religious marriage ceremony? You don't see the hypocrisy in that?

I know many Christian conservatives who believe that Jehovah's Witnessess are not Christian but have strayed from the true path. Conversly I know many Jews who believe Jews for Jesus are really not Jews but Christians. Heck, I grew up in an Orthodox neighborhood where they thought I was not a "real" Jew because I did not practice like they did. It is an odd thing how we define ourselves and those around us. It often makes my head hurt.

Joshua

PS Rhett, I actually love my dentist but I am afraid I slipped a filling and it is going to cost me money (crappy school insurance) as opposed to actual physical pain.