View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Default New Here, Quick Question...

Posted By: leon

Welcome to our board. Always good to have fresh blood in the hobby. Your 5 yr old could be our youngest member if you an get him to sit on your lap while reading the board. (kids are the best).....Anyway, yes, PSA graded the fake M101 Ruth and it was from one of our board members. To their credit they did pony up and make the board member whole on the card, value-wise. I am a little biased but SGC is really head and shoulders above them, especially in the vintage market. I believe SGC will continue to get better too.....(actually, I am quite sure of it)....take care and good luck in the hunt...and don't forget to check out our Buy/Sell/Trade section for a pretty good place to find stuff...regards

edited to add.....ungraded cards don't necessarily mean they have been doctored at all. As a matter of fact I am quite sure most have not been doctored...and am also sure some have. The higher the condition the more suspect you should be about ungraded cards for sale.....Not too many pr-fr cards will be doctored....but a nrmt-mt...or mint card.....be very, very skeptical if it's not in a holder and for sale by someone that has a clue about vintage cards. There is a reason it's not in a holder....as a holdered card, in high grade, will almost always bring more than an unholdered one. Anyone smart knows that more high grade cards have been doctored than low grade ones....Anyone not so smart will disagree.......