View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 02:27 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
Well, I never came into the hobby when it was a hobby thinking about getting rich off of it. Even now, it is still only a hobby for me. I am not encapsulating my 1933 Goudey #144, although it is in a safe deposit box now. Thus, I am not bothered by insane increases in the value of pieces of cardboard. As someone said, you either play the game or you don't.
My regrets: walking away from my collection of complete Topps 1967-68-69-70 sets put together from packs when I outgrew cards and moved out of the house (along with comic books, Hardy Boys books with dustjackets, and other cool stuff). My mom got rid of them after YEARS of me saying I didn't want them. Then, years later after getting back into the hobby while I was in the Navy, I sold some VERY VALUABLE cards ridiculously cheap to get gas money to get back to Charleston from Fort Lauderdale. You've all heard these stories before. Suffice it to say, I have all the cards that truly mean something to me once again, including a complete set of 1953 Bowman color and b/w I put together with a lot of help from folks on this forum!

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***