View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
If you have done business with or know the owner ignore this. "Free" advice is only free to the person getting it. Be upfront from the start that you are only looking for advice and offer to compensate them for that advice. Business owners see this way different than hourly workers. As a business owner I see free advice the same as someone walking into their local super market and asking for a free T-Bone. As a business owner we also hate being lied to and will sometimes give "free" advice that will cost you by screwing up your project/item intentionally.. Just a FYI. Nice trunk and good luck with the restoration.
I hear ya, Ben. As it turns out, I found another site with a lot of how-to guides and followed the online advice for dealing with rust. I bought a Dremel tool this morning (I've always wanted one ) and went after the rust with a small wire brush. The brass is pretty much gone but, at least, the rust is too. I'm gonna stop before I screw this thing up. Wouldn't be the first time!

Thanks for the auction comparable, perezfan! I'd still love to see a photo of a player with a similar travel case.