View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 04:24 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Greg...

Attached is a pic of a pic you sent me, waaaaay back before the days of eBay. I think this was in 2000 or 2001, so nearly 20 years ago!

You highlighted the Astros Pennant as “one of the coolest you’d ever seen”. I picked up mine about 6 months before you sent me this photo (along with the rare Keezer Angels). It looks like your collection has grown just a bit since then!

Ps. Also pictured is that great Pirates Pennant with the Ship that you love! We sure had to work lots harder, and network through the mail before the days of eBay and Internet Auctions. And now that it’s much easier, the good stuff has pretty much dried up!
Mark! Whoa that’s fantastic! Yes this was before my collection went off-the-rails crazy. And there’s the Pirate ship pennant! Back then I used to go to the quarterly shows outside Philly and sell/trade, I unloaded it and quickly regretted it. Thanks for sending that pic ...

Back then there was no spelling correction on eBay and I used to check “pennent” and “penant” ... I hit the motherload one day on about 20 pennants that went dirt cheap! .... Now I’m still buying and putting them right into those big Tupperware containers ... I need help!