View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 09:05 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
Here's a novel suggestion, put in your max bids on all the items and see what you win when they end. What I don't understand is people refusing to put in a bid until 2 seconds before the auction ends. If I see something I want, I bid on it when I see it. I put in the maximum amount I feel comfortable with and then wait for the auction to end. If I win, great, if I lose, oh well I bid what I thought it was worth. I don't understand what is so difficult about grasping this concept. I end all my auctions at the same time because I have a JOB other than ebay and don't particularly want to spend every other waking moment running auctions.
Hope that helps.
I do basically the same thing, but use a sniper service so I do not unnecessarily waste money in a bidding war or lose the item to someone who just bids increments till they pass me. Using your method also leads unscrupulous sellers to shill bid to bring their sale prices up.

To explain, let's say a buyer has 400 to spend and is interested in 4 items that end at the same time. He is willing to max bid 200 on 2 but wins them at 100 each, he now left 200 on the table. If he did not bid on the other 2 and they sell for less than what the buyer had left did the seller just not lose there?