View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 06:13 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Default Ebay listing...a word to the wise.

Tonight on "the 'bay", there are eight listings I am interested in from the same seller of cards all set to end at the exact same time.

Does this not drive other people insane as well?

I understand that people want their listings to end at a great time for availability. Prime time Sunday night is a perfect time, that most can be there to place a last minute bid...unless you end them all at the same stupid time, lol.

I do not "charge" my collection under any circumstances. Any new acquisitions are determined solely by my discretionary income for the time. Thus I cannot now set up a snipe for all of these items as some are more important as others and I will set a max bid for them. The silly thing is, if this seller had just set the end time 3-5 minutes apart I would be a bidder on all of them. As they progress I can subtract the winning amount from my budget and go to the next. As it sits, I can only now set a max bid on 2 or 3 thinking that there is the unlikely possibility they will all end at my max.

This is the logical reasoning behind the gavel extensions AH's use, and also why bidding gets high as people get bumped on other lots and then pool their money toward 1 or 2 lots at the end of the night. With ebay, bidders do the same thing on a much faster time frame as the end time is concrete. You can really max your sales by letting the public budget their wins. I would think this seller (who by their feedback and current listings is a volume seller) is losing quite a bit of money weekly.

A word to the wise, you are losing money using this practice people. Yes, you are smart not ending your auction at 5 am on a Wednesday, but change your end times so someone can buy more than one of your items!

Sorry guys, just venting.