View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Default OT A few Opinions Needed

Posted By: Fred C

James,

First off I wouldn't have guessed there was going to be an issue with a fellow borad member so I'd have been in the same boat as you. But, after the 4 months had passed without full payment I would have communicated something with the buyer with regard to the transaction and I would have set a dead line on payment. I guess that's easier to say standing in my shoes.

There's a few different factors in this sale:

• Did you send the card to the buyer with only partial payment?
  • Do you still have the card in your possession?
  • If there was a great depreciation in the price/value of the card then you'll be out that much money if the card is returned.

Judging by your post I'm guessing that you already sent the card to the buyer. I wouldn't have done that.

If you still have the card you will have the buyers full attention because you have their MONEY. You could sell the card to someone else for more money or the same amount of money and then refund the non-paying buyer what he's paid you. Or, if the card price depreciates you could hold on to the buyers money and wait for full payment and not send the card. If you have the card you have the best options available.

If you shipped the card then it's going to be a lesson learned and all you can do is hope that the buyer either pays you the balance or sends the card back. If they send the card back then consider yourself lucky and chalk it up to experience.

The mail is slow at this time of year so there's a good chance it could show up this week. If it doesn't then the buyer will be responsible to do the paperwork necessary to cancel the money order and reissue a new money order.

Maybe the buyer will chime in and give their side of the story - don't expect much sympathy from this group because you are late in completing the transaction. You should have communicated any problems with the seller (James) if there were going to be any delays in payment.

Good luck with this.