View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 01:26 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Ok. My perspective may have changed after doing more research and thinking more.

As mentioned I did equate this to packs of cards, but there may be a thin line of legality here. Even so it was mentioned that the insert cards can be attained through "no purchase necessary" making it seem that even their lawyers knew this was a fine line.

CA (though I don't live there) has specifically come up with a "Grab Bag" law to pertain to this type of issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA PENAL CODE
(a) In addition to Section 319, a lottery also shall include a grab bag game which is a scheme whereby, for the disposal or distribution of sports trading cards by chance, a person pays valuable consideration to purchase a sports trading card grab bag with the understanding that the purchaser has a chance to win a designated prize or prizes listed by the seller as being contained in one or more, but not all, of the grab bags.
Of course this is a debate about legality not whether I agree with the law.
Now I know that is just one state, but it does mean that it is at least illegal for a portion of the people reading the board. I would have to do more research to see if any other states have similar laws. Either way I just wanted to state I have now changed my perspective given this new information.

Last edited by bn2cardz; 04-24-2017 at 02:48 PM.