View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Banned

They think they are setting dangerous precedent to let others look at it besides psa and jsa. They think that opens them up to the appearance that psa and jsa arent up to the job if the word gets out that others were brought in to inspect and investigate the items and/or autographs. They want the impression that psa and jsa are the be-all end-all to everything, case closed, no further authentication needed. period. End of story. PSA or JSA and nobody else.

They do that at their own peril. But its up to them. I dont see how it has been working out in their favor lately. Is it just me or do these old, valuable, rare balls and signatures seem to always have BOTH authenticators signing off on them. You would think that at least some of the time they would disagree and there would only be one of them that liked it, either just psa or just a jsa certificate. But it seems like they always have both.

I am wondering if the second company that looks at these items is told beforehand if the first one has passed it or not. It should be a blind study type of thing, where both companies are not told at all if the other one liked it. It is only fair to do it that way as to not give the appearance of the results being tainted by prior knowledge of the other authenticators decision.

Ivy won't come on here but Jonathan does so let's hear how these authentications work. Are they told if the other service has given it the ok or not before they look at it?

Last edited by travrosty; 02-18-2013 at 08:26 PM.