View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 01:33 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Cool coincidence and that is one plain looking headstone. Addy deserves more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Graham View Post
So, I have this odd obsession I like to do whenever I go out of town. Wherever I'm travelling to, I like to check the cemeteries in the area and see if there are any old ballplayers buried there. If there are, I will check and see if I have a baseball card of that player, bring it with me, and take a photo of the gravesite with the baseball card on or by the stone. My wife tells me it's morbid, but for me it connects the player with the card. Well, on Friday February 15th I went to Toledo and I knew Addie Joss was buried there so I brought his card with me and took my photos. He is buried in Historic Woodlawn Cemetery and it was really nice. I have attached some photos. Here is the really wild part: it was cold out Friday so after I took my photos, I got back in my warm car and decided to check my email before I drove away. Well I received an email from the Baseball Heritage Museum, a website that is all about League Park and it's history in Cleveland, OH. I receive very few emails from them but I happen to get one today-and when I open it, there is a picture of Addie Joss staring right at me! I was thinking how crazy that was and what a coincidence it was-if it really was a coincidence. But that's baseball, right? It seems like we've read a lot of articles about crazy things happening surrounding baseball. Of course, what happened here is not really comparable to some of those stories, but it's the first time anything "spooky" like that happened to me. Sorry for the long winded story but I wanted to share it with the forum as this seems like the perfect place for it. Anything like this, or crazier, ever happen to any of you? I would like to hear about it-please share.

Joe

Attachment 344828

Attachment 344829

Attachment 344830

Attachment 344831