Thread: Fake 1952 Topps
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle799 View Post
Brandon, can you educate me how you found that auction? I'm not real familiar with the card target site. Can you do a lookup by the PSA SN to find it sale/auction history? I'm just wondering if this is something I want to be doing when I start getting heavily into vintage.

As for the appeal to Ebay, I did a side by side comp of the auction pic and the one this seller is using. Besides the color inconsistencies and saturation issues that make this jump out as a clear fake, there are other indicators. Look at the left and top border. There is a white area between the border and the blue background that does not appear in the actual card. There are others, but that is the first that jumped out to me.

Here's the image URL to send to Ebay should they contact you asking for additional information.

Code:
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7378/52mantlecomp.png
I am reporting this under fraudulent listing activities.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 06-12-2013 at 12:17 AM.