View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 04:32 AM

Default Keith Javic

I concur about dealer/ board member Keith Javic.
Terrific guy & great booth! Keith is very friendly and has been a great resource in the past.

On Thursday afternoon I spent some time with him and his dad.
My favorite 2017 National pick came from his booth. I purchased an early vintage Spalding scorebook that once was the property of a Canadian couple that apparently scored every baseball game that they attended from 1913-1925. The scorebook contained a great sampling of Canadian International League games as well as 18 Detroit Tigers games (Ty Cobb era) from the time period of 1919-1923.

What really caught my eye was that the couple was fortunate enough to have been on hand on 4/30/22 when CWS hurler Charlie Robertson tossed a perfect game against the Ty Cobb led Tigers at Navin Field. This was the first time in baseball history that the phrase "Perfect Game" was used to describe a game where previously it was described as a "no-hit, no run game where nobody reached first base", which to me is historically significant for my no-hit collection.

Many thanks to Keith and his dad for picking this great addition to my collection at the Brimfield show. I'm proud to own it...

Last edited by Scott Garner; 07-29-2017 at 04:53 AM.