View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 11:46 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Yorks among the Run

As mentioned above about Yorks, there is a second series, called Type 2, (E210-2) printed actually in 1928, which replaces several of the Type 1 players from 1927.

These 1928 E210 Type 2 poses and player selection match the Harrington, Yuengling, Tharp , w502 and Sweetman sets. Because of the replacement players I mentioned, you would have to pick a player that appears in both E210-1 and E210-2 to get a true back run. Luckily, about 50 of the 60 players are in both. I can give you details on which players are different as well as which backs are different when I get home from this business trip I am slogging through. York caramels are sorta my "thing".

The Sweetmans 1928 are certainly the hardest to find *any* player from, but there are E210-2 that will elude you as well. Besides Earl Smith, you can generally find Harrington players.

If you just want a run of a single player, I might suggest Frisch, Speaker, Bob Meusel or maybe Ray Schalk. I think I have seen these players available in all those sets at one point or another but I wasn't monitoring for a run of these " similar"cards...it's just by memory mostly.

This run would be challenging but I think achievable with some patience.

I think it's a great idea! Please share your progress!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.

Last edited by familytoad; 02-14-2017 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Added Yuengling