Thread: COMC and offers
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default offers

I receive a lot of offers for my ebay cards. Normally, I will accept offers that are 50-60% of my BIN price. If someone makes a lower offer, I will send a counter offer. I have NEVER had anyone accept a counter offer, even if my counter is 50% of my BIN price.

Offers on COMC are a joke. I mostly buy cards on COMC. Many of the people on COMC do not accept offers, even if their prices are 4-5 times the price of a similar card on eBay. Some will accept offers of a 10% discount, but many times that still leaves a purchase price of 3-4 times of a similar card on eBay. I collect T213-2's. I have over 80 of them, and I have averaged $32 per card, and includes 8 HOFers. On COMC, beat up commons are listed for $160 or higher and the seller doesn't accept offers. I don't understand why they are doing this.

But, there are some dealers who will bring their prices down to "market" price and there are some good deals to be had, but it take a lot of time and effort to find decent cards at decent prices.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.