View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 08:07 PM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I own a Clemente from the same "issue". The work was done by a single photographer. I had researched it some time ago and cannot recall his name right now. He was a team photographer for a professional sports team. He did a number of portraits of Major Leaguers. I own/have owned both pins and proof photos of Clemente, Mays, Rose, G. Perry and a number of Red Sox players. I spoke with the photographers nephew a few years back. He still has the negatives, but was a bit skeptical about speaking with me about them - perhaps because whatever was "released" had no license. I have had my eye out for these pins for over 20 years - they are EXTREMELY scarce. The brewers group pictured is the first time I recall seeing any Brewers. The style of the photograph is the giveaway - They are always - players in uniform set against a solid color background - VERY high quality posing and image quality. The pins I have seen are also different sizes. I have seen at least 1 "super size" image of Clemente.

While we are at it. I am attaching an image of a Clemente pin I have not seen before. It appears to be an early stadium pin. Anyone know anything about it?

Well,

Take a look at the photo that sold in the Hunt Clemente auction - image is the same format as the mystery pins - except this one is signed!! Harman studios - mystery solved!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 741.jpg (69.8 KB, 479 views)