View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 04:25 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
A few months ago, I sent my W551 of WaJo with it's WOOL'S AMERICAN-MAID BREAD back, which I acquired 25-30 years ago, to SGC to be slabbed. Much to my disappointment (actually, I'm pissed!), SGC did not note Wool's Bread on the flip. When I inquired as to why not, the SGC rep merely told me that SGC is no longer doing this. Mind you, several months earlier I had asked a SGC rep if SGC would note this on the flip, as there are several Wool's Bread cards in the SGC pop report and I happen to have a Wally Pipp example in my collection, and he responded that he couldn't see any reason why SGC wouldn't. I'm now wondering if I were to send WaJo to CGC if I would have the same success Leon has had with his Swift's cards.
Leon's response, in part, to my post was: "They will grade them, Val. Andy and I had the back stamp discussion very recently, concerning the E104s."

Further to my effort to get a TPG to note "Wool's Bread" on their flip, on March 9th, I sent an inquiry to CGC via their online inquiry form, which does not allow one to include pics. On March 12th, CGC Customer Service responded via email, "Unfortunately, this is not a designation we would add to the label." I quickly responded, expressing my disappointment and sending pics of the my two Wool's Bread cards, and also I said "What makes this CGC response so puzzling to me is that recently CGC graded a couple/few E104-1 cards with the Swift/Swift's back stamp AND NOTED THIS ON THE LABELS!" Today, CGC Customer Service responded as follows: "Thanks for your patience. I have reviewed this with our head grading team. After further discussion I am happy to confirm we would designate this "Wool's Bread" on the label." MANY KUDOS TO CGC, and thanks, Leon, for encouraging me to contact CGC.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.