View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 06:34 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Candidly, it reads like a bucket shop sales pitch for a penny stock:

"Buy any raw or graded Jackie Robinson Bond Bread card available at any reasonable price. This is going to become a home run in the next 12-24 months."

I get a dozen calls a week from various people pitching me 'investments' with this sort of over the top verbiage. It reeks of huckster-like hype. If you want to develop credibility in the field on this board, which is filled with experts who've been doing this for decades, this sort of stuff isn't the way to do it.

I also agree that the card is already out of the bag. I snapped up an example a while ago when the research on the creation of the cards was reported here and demonstrated it is a real regional RC. So did many other collectors. Anyone getting into it now is hoping to ride a wave that has already spent a ton of its energy. I also have to ask what your stake is in hyping this card. My cynical mind goes right to that question whenever I see something like this: is this a pump and dump effort to hype and then move your own cards. Not saying it is, just that this kind of breathless promoting raises the question.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-03-2018 at 06:41 PM.