View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 08:07 AM
Andrew Aronstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Rick died perhaps a decade ago, his partner Buddy still operates a Sports store in New Jersey the last time I checked.

You might actually be able to talk to Buddy to see if he remembers anything about that card.
Thanks for the info, Rich . I will absolutely get in touch with him and see if he remembers any of the circumstances surrounding the two cards. Would love to know more before I actually get to see the Jumbo Wagner for the first time at the National this weekend. It was sold when I was five and I have no real recollection of seeing it.

Also, there might just be another store that predates Rick and Buddy's. Are you familiar with Sports Nostalgia, which was located in Upper Saddle River, NJ? My father was a partner in that store along with Bob Laughlin, Bill Himmelman (former official NBA historian), Pete Henrici, and Lew Eskin. As far as I know they opened in 1972. Their store then moved to Cooperstown in 1974/75 and became Baseball Nostalgia, which Pete Henrici still operates today. He'd be able to tell you the exact date they opened Sports Nostalgia.