View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Al

Default Need Help On A Vintage Photo Update

One of my contacts picked this up for me out in Ca. Im pretty good on wire photos but the early photos arenot my area. I loved the photo when I first saw it. its larger 6 by 8 in an original frame. The frame is 15 by 17. As you can see the glass is cracked but my contact said it didnt seem to effect the photo. I believe its a house team from Ca. Like to know about what year. Also a good ballpark price on what the photo is worth. The man who owned it was 90 and the photo had belonged to his father. Thanks in advance for any info. I ran this by a few board members who all said post it up !

Picture came today and it looks to me that the frame is old vintage. Now the photo looks like it is glued down to the mounting board. (was this how it was done?) Looks like the mount was cut down to accomodate the frame. The picture its self is 5 1/2 by 7 3/4 in size. Very clear. My questions are the paper that its on doesnt look like photographic paper (I could be wrong as I dont know old paper) and were they glued down to the mount alot. No names or markings on the mounting board.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 11-16-2015 at 07:17 AM.