View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 06:01 PM
Ryan Phi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnphotoman View Post
What is wrong? I contacted Beckett for... Beckett Grading Services for their original photograph authentication and grading service.
This is the e-mail I receive:
Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out to Beckett!
Would like to advise you that we only authenticate Autographs on any Item, but do not grade the Item itself. For Non Autographed photos, would suggest you to connect with your local dealer or auction houses, thanks!
I will leave out the person who replied.

This was my reply:
Ok, We must have a misunderstanding. What I am interested in is your grading service for original photograph. I read that your company has launched an original photograph authentication and grading service.

There reply:
I apologize but that is not true, we have not launched photograph grading or authentication.
Let us know for any more questions, thanks!

So I answered showing where I got my info:
Beckett Grading Services has launched an original photograph authentication and grading service. From news photos, wire photos and movie stills to snapshots, Polaroids and mounted photos from the 1800s, BGS will grade them all. It also will provide a choice between authentication and encapsulation only or slabbing with with a numerical grade. Both services provide the best preservation and presentation capabilities on the market.

BGS will team with noted photograph expert and art historian David Rudd (www.cycleback.com).

For more information, call (972)-448-9188 or visit www.beckett.com/photos

https://www.beckett.com/news/beckett...intage-photos/

Waiting on the answer: Can anyone tell what is going on?
Considering that was posted 11.5 years ago, maybe Beckett never followed through or had a chance of course in the last decade?? I could be wrong, but its just a guess.

Last edited by philo98; 10-20-2021 at 06:01 PM.