View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 09:17 AM
Joe Drouillard

Default New changes to the eBay user agreement

I just read the new updates to eBay's user agreements. If I am understanding it correctly, I think that the third change on the list, may have a big effect on how sellers list their items. It will make it risky to list more new items at the end of the month when you have other items ending before the month ends that eBay may automatically relist and charge you insertion fees. It may be good for buyers because it should reduce the amount of high priced items that are listed, but sellers will have to watch carefully, and cancel auctions just prior to their ending to avoid more fees.

I copied and pasted the changes below for your review. Would appreciate any of your thoughts on the matter.

Best regards,

Joe

Key updates to the eBay User Agreement:

We've made it clearer how we address attempts to bypass our policy on Offers to buy or sell outside eBay.

We may scan and block member-to-member messages sent through our platform to prevent fraud or violations of our polcies.

We may automatically renew your fixed-price listings unless your listing sells out or you cancel your listing.

If you use our product catalog information in your listing, we may update this information in your listing when we update our catalog.

We've made some changes to our company structure that are reflected in the eBay entities you are contracting with when using eBay.

Last edited by Northviewcats; 05-10-2017 at 09:17 AM.