View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 03:52 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Default SGC you need new holders.

It's just amazing to me that complaints about SGC holders continue to mount and nothing is done about it. These problems are not simply associated with older holders but as far as I have experienced with holders newly circulated. In fact, I just received two t206's won at the Saco River Auction and guess what, one card had slipped completely out of the gasket.

SGC you need to do something about these constant issues and no its not in anyway convenient for me to ship the card back to you to repair something that should have been done correctly to start with. These holders suck (at least as far as t206's and t205's are concerned) and we don't need more replies from you saying that you are working on the problem or that we can always have them reholdered.

We need redesigned holders.

I'm not going to buy another SGC graded card until the holders are changed. Other than offering a grade on the card they are useless and defeat their intended purpose. They don't protect the item properly and in a few situations I have actually damaged a card while trying to shake/coax it back into place.

Now I don't want to be totally negative SGC does do a great job of grading in my opinion, they are consistent, impartial and the holders do look great, but in many cases we are spending significant amounts of money for these items and deserve better.

If you feel the same or disagree please voice your opinion. Maybe this will move SGC to act.