View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 05:58 PM

Default Michael Jordan Upper Deck RC!?!?!?!?

I'm hoping some board members can provide opinions and help clarify this for me.

Jordan has a 1991 issue of him as a basketball player "fooling around" in a baseball uniform. It was a short printed special promo card. He also has a 1994 standard issue Star Rookies card depicting the baseball player Michael Jordan.

I always considered 1994 as his baseball RC. I don't feel that a special promo card of Jordan the basketball player should be labeled a baseball RC over the first standard card of Jordan the baseball player. The Beckett 2017 annual guide seems to share this reasoning. However, certain grading companies seem to identify the 1991 promo issue as Jordans labeled RC and not the 1994 issue.

I have submitted my 1994 issue Jordan for grading and just noticed that the label will not include the RC designation. To be honest, I did not submit the card for reasons regarding the value of the card. I just thought it would be great to own a highly graded Michael Jordan RC.......I have sent an email to the research department of the grading company I submitted the card to and am waiting for an official response.

How does the Net54 community feel about this?!?!

Jeff