View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Default References Requested: Wade Carsel

Posted By: David

All I requested was something in writing to include the cards, price and parties involved (after no Paypal, no credit card, no home address, no personal checks, no website and no eBay presence). Nothing fancy, no legal ease and only 2-3 lines. I offered to pay all FedEx Overnight fees and pay for Registered insured for the cards. I did not ask for any special favors or make unreasonable demands (in my opinion) not to mention a much higher offer then he had on the table.

Wade claims to be a big dealer. Hmmm. Wade has been terribly insulting and ignored what he did not want to read. How many dealers do not accept credit cards or Paypal (fees to be paid my me) to a confirmed and listed home address of someone with a table at the National and plenty of references? My eBay feedback is flawless. I also have a website. My address and phone # listed. There is no way I feel my demands are unreasonable rather totally prudent in this case.

In my past dealings, I have created contracts to protect all (when larger deals could not be made in person). If one did not have previous dealings (dealers or collectors), transparency lacking or emailed a horror story, hopefully you would take precautions too. Since I decided to pass, these are all moot points. What a relief. Time to focus on something else.

See you all in Anaheim. By the way, I will have on display (for sale) at Table #1550 a hoard of 1914 /15 Nagy CJs, screaming E95s, Double Folders, and other goodies (tbd) but mostly vintage non sports. Plenty of WWII - present too. Several cards have not been in circulation for years. I am selling a % of vintage sports and diversifying into super high grade 19th Century non sports.

Happy Hunting!

Regards,
David