View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
Bill,

Are you saying the mid-series "white front" gray back cards are the same as the mid-series gray back glossies? I know the mid-series glossies have been referenced several times on N54 - but no one to date (except maybe Scott and or Ted S) has much experience with these. And no one that I am aware of has ever figured out how common these are in relation to the normal mid-series gray backs. If this is the case, congrats (!) & great information.

I have perhaps 23 mid-series gray backs, but don't think I have any glossies. Unsure if they have white fronts. I am travelling currently and will have to check when I return.

Z
They are probably the same. The glossies have a bit of a "sheen" to them. Here are my observations from cards that I have actually held in my hand:

All "glossies" are white front.
Not all white front are glossies.
No gray front is glossy.

I don't know if there are two variations of the white front or not. (Lordy, I hope not!) The non-glossy white front could be non-glossy because of wear.

Keep in mind that the cards I am talking about here are ones that I have seen 'live"--a much smaller subset than my original data base. It is impossible for me to tell glossiness in a scan.

Bill