View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 10:52 AM

Actually very little problems with any of the above. In 10+ years, less than a handful of no pays, all very small items, and all were banned from bidding.

During the course of the auction there are usually a few questions on lots and people needing to reset passwords as they can't log in, all of which are part of the job and easy to handle.

While I try to describe every lot accurately, there is always the missed wrinkle or large group with condition that might not match the exact percentages. These are few and far between, I believe I can recall only one return and a handful of adjustments in the entire decade.

The real surprise for those that think anyone can do this, is the need to constantly find material for 500-700 lot auctions and the mammoth task of sorting and shipping all of the winning items. I can't imagine doing 2000+ like the big AH's but I don't have any help either, this does put me at a disadvantage as some people, especially ones that use ebay, expect their winnings almost instantaneously. It takes time to find all of the lots and package them correctly.

Scott