View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 10:48 AM

Default psa and sgc holders - how protective of the cards inside

for those with experience and or specific knowledge could you please share same?

all questions pertain to the card inside the holder after 10 or 20 years in the holder.

how would both of these card holders react to humidity or dryness in a std house environment over the long term ie what happens to the card in the holder

how would both of these card holders react to dropping the card accidently into a bucket of water, ie what happens to the card in the holder

exposure having the card holder mounted on the wall where natural sunshine comes through the window and shines on the card inside the cardholder, will the cards inside fade or is their a protective uv type coating on the card holder that prevents cards from fading

exposure having the card holder sitting on a table in a room for long periods of time, ie years, and the card thus exposed to normal 5 - 10 hours a day lights on with these lighting sources. will the card fade from.

1. incandesant light bulb lighting
or
2. led light bulb lighting

i can make logical guesses but am seeking someone with real results and or experiences over the most recent 10 or so years or anyone with specific knowledge of what the two card grading companies, psa and sgc, specifically know and share.

anyone got actual experience or seen reports of actual testing by the two card grading companies?

mostly i am trying to understand what happens 10 - 50 years down the road to all the hobbies slabbed cards. the above answers will help me better sate my curiosity.

many thanks,
jsq