View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 06:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I can vouch for the fact that weird rarities have very thin collecting cirlces many times. For long term investing (if that is what you want to do) I agree in sticking with big name HOF'ers...

This one is too rare for it's own good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
I always lean on the rarity side of the spectrum, but there are popular cards that I love and go for as well.

The blue chip hobby staples should be a good safe long term investment I'd think. The demand should always be pretty strong on key classic cards I think. However I think it's awesome holding cards that less than 25 or 10 or so people in the world have, especially of key HOFers!

As stated above it also doesn't take much to move the needle value wise when cards are that rare. One or two more well heeled buyers in the market at any given time can really ratchet up a price on a card when the supply is near non existent! But it's true its a double sided coin in that regard. A buyer or 2 less and value could really dip. No consistent price point comparisons to go on.

So, I'd say for safe investment stick with the classic key cards. Leave those weird rarities for the weirdos

That being said the 52 Mantle is an all time Mount Rushmore classic in the hobby so everyone should try and get one! (Disclosure: the one in current LOTG was mine )