View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by frohme View Post
I got started in the late 60's/early 70's in a roundabout way. Dad would take us by 7-11 on the way back from Little League practices and we'd get the Slurpee cups. I think that would have been in the 72/73 time frame. One of the older guys on my team (12 seemed ancient then!) got me interested in cards.

I had most of the mid-70's sets but - like most others - had different interests in high school/college. Was on again in the 90's and have been back mostly full time since about 2006.

While I don't have the cards from the early days, I (somehow) still have all the Slurpee cups - mostly 72, 73 baseball and the 73? HOF run of 20. Anyone else collect those in the day?

--
MIke
Hi Mike
I think we are probably close in age.... I will be 50 in a few months. I used to have tall stacks of those slurpee cups. We used to collect and trade them just about like cards. I lived in Houston and we used to try to get all of the Astros. I liked Pittsburgh too, for some reason, and had lots of those players also. Oh to be a kiddo again!! regards