View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Chris

Default Has Anyone Ever Acquired an Entire Inventory from a Baseball Card Store/Stand?

There is a baseball card stand (mostly baseball, but other sports, pokemon, etc), at an indoor flea market near me. The owner is retired and is trying to sell it. I am not sure when he started selling it, but I am sure it will sit for awhile. It is mostly 1980's to present. He is one of those guys who thinks his stuff is worth way more than it is, i.e. a pack of 1991 topps is 2 bucks. I am sure there can be money to be made by acquiring this, but the price can't be too great. Has anyone ever made an offer or actually acquired the inventory from a place like this or a baseball card shop? I am thinking of checking in once a month and if it is still for sale, making a low, but reasonable offer. There were a ton of cards, in a space of about 10 feet by 20 feet. Possibly 100's of 80's and 90's wax boxes and sets, and tons of other cards. An offer of a couple thousand might be reasonable, I just don't know whether to bother. He seems like the type of guy who could be looking for $10,000. Any input would be appreciated.