View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default The T206 "Exclusive 12" of the 460-Only series

Only 12 subjects from the 460-Only series were printed with the red HINDU (RH) back. These 12 guys were confirmed 8 years ago; and, no additional 460-Only
series subjects with the RH back have surfaced since then. And, I do not expect that any other RH cards from this series will be discovered. So, 12 is the count.

My theory is that these 12 subjects were exclusively printed on their own sheet. Possibly, Triple-Printed on a 36-card sheet. Or, Quadruple-Printed on a 48-card
sheet. I base this hypothesis on the fact these 12 subjects are also found more available with the AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 backs than the rest of the subjects
in the 460-Only series. Also, their availability considerably out-numbers any of the 350/460 cards with RH backs. And these 12 subjects are the only cards in the
460-Only series printed with the SWEET CAPORAL 460, Factory #42 backs.

Furthermore, while most of the other subjects in the 460-Only series exist with the LENOX back, these 12 are LENOX NO-PRINTS. Also, regarding the PIEDMONT
460, Factory #42
cards....these 12 subjects are PIEDMONT 460, Factory #42 NO-PRINTS. What all of this tells us, is that these 12 subjects were printed in a
separate stage from their other counterparts in the 460-Only series.

This thread is an extension of the recent "Simulated T206 sheets...." thread.
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=162935

The significance of this "Exclusive 12" thread is that it illustrates the printing of each T206 series was quite complex. In that some segments of the printing process
consist of many subjects (as noted in the "SimulatedT206...." thread). While other segments could have been as small as a group of 12 (or even 6) subjects.

TED Z