View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Default Tobacco/Candy/etc. card packaging

Posted By: leon

This stuff (candy wrappers and boxes) is generally so unique that it's difficult to put a price on them. Tobacco packs are a little more common, relative to candy stuff, so pricing can be approximated. It's really supply vs demand for value on these items. Even though something might be unique the people collecting might only want to go to a certain price point on a given item. I picked up the Nadja box for about $200 on ebay and my snipe bid was over 5x that. I really wanted it and was willing to pay for it. I think it's value, in a nicely publicized auction would be about $500....but who knows? I have quite a few other wrappers and candy boxes (many on my site in my personal collection) and they usually range from about $10 ea to $100 ea.....As for unopened tobacco packs the date is the most crucial thing...and specifically the overprint on the tax stamp. If it does match up to a year a card could have come in it, especially baseball, then value jumps greatly. Also, we should remember that even if everything matches perfectly on an unopened tobacco pack the chances of a baseball card in it are quite small. If there is no overprint on the tax stamp or the wrong date, but it's still a period unopened pack, then I would add maybe a 2x-3x value to it, relative to an opened one. As for candy packs that are unopened but could have contained a card...I am not sure if I have ever seen a really old vintage one so don't know....it would be worth quite a bit though.....regards