View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Umm.....I only sort of understand that middle bit??? I gather you think sports are stupid? Or that people who like sports are stupid?

Sports are definitely stupid. I ain't touching that last question, I wouldn't want to "rile" anyone up...

And yet you collect sports stuff? Or do you just buy it for the "insert lottery" and the potential money? Or are you just here to occasionally rile up the old folks? (You can look up "rile up" yourself )

Unfortunately, this is where I am a hypocrite. I have collected baseball cards my entire life and enjoy the organization of everything. I never rip modern, but will snag some modern singles. I collect vintage mostly...I buy, sell and trade to ultimately die never paying for a single card...

The couple of things that I have said on this forum that "riled" people up is laughable...Anyone that has been upset with stuff I have said, is on some straight up snowflake type shit...

I do some more intellectual stuff, although I don't think I'd rate podcasts as being all that highbrow. A lot of the "intellectual" stuff simply bores me more than a bad NBA game (Meaning nearly all of them these days) A bunch of pretentious hacks pondering the "meaning" of a painting of a cheeseburger, or the philosophical implications of a blank book or something. Yawn! (I suspect the real "meaning" of most art is that the artist either got a commission and was happy to get paid, or was making some art hoping to be paid so they could eat. The same applies to most books. Movies are just remakes, so they don't count. )

Some podcasts are super highbrow.

Sam Harris: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FDpjKdlIxA Pretty good mix of info. But, listen to a few from this dude. He is ultra smart...
Joe Rogan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHMSvSqCDKc One of the greatest podcasts I have ever listened to. Great talk with a physics professor (Sean Carroll) specializing in dark energy and general relativity. The last 30-45 minutes are his thoughts on how the universe started. Woah...

Here are two great podcasts to start with...These shouldn't bore you...You won't find any cheeseburger art critiquing on those podcasts. hahah

Not sure how this turned to art, but art is whatever a person wants to call art...I don't even get into that with people...I write songs, play piano, create graphic designs and produce video content. I consider the majority of that art..
Feel free to shoot me a couple links too...I love finding new people to listen too...

Last edited by kvnkvnkvn; 11-29-2017 at 11:35 AM.