View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 12:07 PM
K!ya S@bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Do you not think that the great players of the 50s and 60s, Clemente, Mays, Aaron, Mantle, Rose, etc. would be superstars today?

You have Brady #1, but his stats are no better than Manning's, both regular season (96.4 to 96.5) and postseason (88.0 to 87.4) and that is before factoring Spygate and Deflategate.
I don't know in regards to baseball. Do I think those guys would be better than the average players...absolutely. Do I think that they could outplay the megastars of today, I would guess no, but I defer to the more knowledgeable.

Removing one year from his career, Brady had so much less to work with than any other QB in history and if not for two very fluky plays he'd have 6 rings right now. I believe Unitas would be a solid backup today. Theres no way he could stand up to how big, fast and strong defenses have become.

BTW I admit this is a silly argument because I am the first to argue that you can really only compare athletes to their contemporaries, very difficult to cross compare generations.