View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 07:59 AM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I asked in the other thread, when I mentioned the PSA 6 Plank, if anyone thinks this will affect PSA. Let me rephrase this, does anyone think that PSA will have a rollover investigation from the FBI considering the cards Mastro and Co. are now admitting to altering are in PSA holders?

It seems to me that if the Noe investigation led to the Mastro investigation (as is mentioned in one of the threads) that then led to Allen and Rodgers, wouldn't the next logical step be an investigation into PSA especially considering it is a publicly held company?

These are good questions and it's very disturbing that some of these cards were holdered.

There likely several problems. One problem is the statute of limitations since a lot of this happened more than five years ago. The other problem is proving that PSA intentionally graded doctored cards and that will be difficult since that would require someone admitting that bad cards were deliberately graded. PSA's obvious defense will be incompetence.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see Mastro's submission records to PSA and same goes with some of these consignors who submitted cards to PSA like the Plank PSA 6 that ended up in Mastro Auctions. Obviously these submissions now need to be rigorously scrutinized and the bad cards need to be bought back by PSA.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain