View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Those kind of behaviors just set off my scammer goosebumps, nearly as much as "I don't have time," "Selling as reprint," and "God bless."
It's good that you have the real thing, with a back story, and are going to help your uncle derive the best resale value for the collection. Maybe you're not used to posting on collecting message boards, but you set off a bunch of the flags, maybe not meaning to, maybe because you were relishing the reveal too much.
Sorry again.. it's a game-changing reveal (at least for the E121's and Herpolsheimer's specifically). I only began to learn about how rare these possibly were in the past 24-36 hours myself. At little exciting when you start to realize what you have. Sure it's not one of the many Ruth RC's out there - but very rare in its own right and pretty awesome considering the lot as a whole.

Too bad about the other one. I've wasn't able to find it. Is it one of those from the lot where they all had the pencil marks on them? If so, I guess this 1921 Herpolsheimer Ruth has the fact that it has never been altered going for it - even if it winds up in slightly lower condition.

Last edited by Atari; 02-23-2019 at 06:20 PM.