Thread: All the Cubs
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 09:54 AM
Stephen Benzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioCRN View Post
I am really hesitant to even bring up a point/counter-point about vintage RC's, but I notice you don't seem to be on board with the 1908 E91 American Caramel Set A cards as RC's.

It's not on the same level of rarity as the 1903 Breisch-Williams cards, but is it because of rarity...or the whole "generic" thing (another back/forth argument with different sides, especially considering Set A cards)...or something else?

Speaking of rare, I love your 1933 George C Miller Lon Warneke. I spent a while looking a GCM Grimm or Warneke card at a decent price before I gave up trying to find a reasonably priced one.
Don't hesitate at all, it's my favorite thing to talk about lol. I don't have a big problem with considering E91s to be rookie cards. But one of the criteria I consider is the size of the set. I think a set should be league-comprehensive for it to qualify. It's the same reason I leave out 1933 DeLong. The E91 sets are only 33 players each. Some consider sets A B and C to be one big set but they're not checklisted that way. That is some super arbitrary, nit-picky pedantry, but I am a baseball card collector after all.

Yeah that GCM Warneke wasn't cheap but I wanted to have at least one in my collection. It's a great-looking set.

Last edited by Shankweather; 09-12-2022 at 09:59 AM.